In this significant financial climate, it is difficult for landlords to find a tenant who will have guaranteed stable income for the full term of their contracted lease. Also, more and more landlords are finding themselves pinching pennies to come up with a monthly mortgage payment, either for their rentals or for their personal homes. It is no wonder the savvy Landlords (like yourself!) are flocking to Gosection8.com in hopes of finding a HUD Section 8 assisted tenant. It is a very desirable situation: GUARANTEED RENTAL INCOME.
While our new President is planning for our great Nation’s huge future comeback, here we are in the present moment, doing what we must do to get through to the next day. Hang in there, and rest assured that once at the bottom, the only way to go is back UP!
Now that you are here, let us get you started!
In order to rent to a Section 8 recipient, you must first LIST YOUR PROPERTY. There is no initial application or registration process just to rent to a section 8 tenant. The bottom line: The only thing that makes your property Section 8, is the Section 8 Tenant that will reside in your rental. That is why you must list your property and find a tenant first.
There are three easy and FREE ways to list your property
ONLINE: Simply log on to the website, www.goSection8.com and click where it says, “List your rental for free” on the top left hand corner. The site will take you through the steps to register as a landlord and to list your properties.
FAX: Call 866-466-7328 and have the property listing form faxed to you. Fill out the form and fax it back to 561-416-9848, and we will list your property for you, for free!
MAIL: Call 866-466-7328 and press 2. Follow the instructions and mail you listing in to be listed!
Currently, we are taking listings over the phone for a $20 listing charge, payable by credit card over the phone. Call 866-466-7328 and one of out helpful customer service agents will be happy to list your property over the phone.
You may also notice upon listing your properties, that we offer optional PREMIUM memberships. You may find that upgrading will prove especially beneficial to you, as more and more landlords are listing their available properties, and there are actually more properties listed than there are tenants looking. Upgrading gives you a significant competitive edge over just a free listing. Please read below for the exceptional benefits:
All Premium Memberships include the following benefits
- QuikMatchTM Tenant Locator: Located on the Landlord Home Page. Easily search for section 8 tenants actively seeking rental housing. You will also receive an email alert the moment a new renter seeking housing has registered if they match your listing.
- Featured Property: Showcase your listing in our featured property section: Prominently displayed with photos on the main search page. Your property’s photograph will be seen before users search for other properties.
- Add Photos: Easily upload an unlimited number of pictures for each listing. A thumbnail photo will appear in the search results. Premium listings with thumbnail photos generate about 5 times as many views as free listings.
- Preferred Listing Placement: Premium Member’s listings are always at the top of the list and feature more property information making it more likely a tenant will view your listing first.
- Automatic Email Alerts to Tenants: All GOsection8.com premium listings are automatically emailed to prospective tenants moments after they are listed.
You may find that listing as a free member is how you would like to proceed, and that is great too! Your listing will be listed online and also in the local Housing Authorities. Tenants will have access to your contact information and will be able to call you or email you if they are interested in your property.
On behalf of The Gosection8.com Team, we hope you have the very best of luck in renting out your property and finding a quality tenant. We will be happy to assist you in any possible way that we can to make the process faster and easier for you.